Language Proficiency Tests
As from 1st June 2022, First Time International Applicants applying for registration with the Health Professionals Council Seychelles must provide proof of one of the three national languages; English, French or Creole in line with the Constitution of the Republic of Seychelles.
This ensures that they have the necessary skills to understand and communicate effectively with their clients as a health professional and minimise communication barrier.
In view that no formal Creole proficiency tests are available at the moment, the Health Professionals Council will be accepting only the following English and French proficiency tests listed below.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Pearson English Language Test (PTE)
- Duo lingo English Test
- Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française (DALF)
- Diplôme d’Etudes en Langue Française (DELF)
- Initial de Langue Française (DILF)
- Test de Connaissance du Français (TCF)
- Test d’Évaluation de Français (TEF)
The Health Professionals Council will not be responsible for any fees related to these tests.
Please refer to the attatched guideline for more information.